The All Things 64% Cake
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup All Things Cocoa Powder (unsweetened & non-alkalised)
1cup caster sugar
½ cup raw cane sugar
1 ½ tsp baking powder
185g unsalted butter
1 cup milk
1 tbsp vinegar
- Mix milk and vinegar together in a bowl and leave it aside to curdle. This is what makes this cake super moist.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a separate bowl and keep whisking until it looks pale.
- Add one egg at a time and continue to whisk. You can use an electric hand whisk or a stand mixer to combine everything.
- Pour the curdled milk and vinegar mixture into the creamed butter, sugar & eggs. Mix it well, your batter will look a bit curdled but that’s just how its supposed to be.
- Sift all the dry ingredients and give the entire mixture one last whisk and finish it by scraping the sides of the bowl and fold the batter till all the ingredients have mixed in properly.
- Line 2 half kg round tins with butter and dust a little flour, this is to ensure the cake doesn’t stick to the sides of the tin.
- Divide the batter into half and pour it into the prepared tins.
- Preheat the oven at 180c for 10 mins. Bake at 180c for 25mins.
- Let the cakes cool completely before layering.
64% Malabar Dark Chocolate Ganache
200g 64% Malabar dark chef’s chocolate
200g fresh cream
- Heat the cream in a saucepan over medium heat until it starts to simmer.
- Pour it over the chocolate chunks. Let it sit for 1 minute and then start stirring it with a whisk.
- Let the ganache cool at room temperature
- Sandwich the 2 sponges with the ganache filling in the middle.
- Spread the leftover ganache all over the cake and keep it rustic.