Father's Day Chocolate Cake
Ingredients for the Sponge
22g cocoa powder
1g baking powder
1.5g baking soda
56g vegetable oil
112g whole milk
Ingredients for the Ganache
110g 90% dark coverture baking chocolate, Sugarfree
22g cold chopped butter.
- Line a 8" square cake tin with butter paper and preheat your oven to 170°C.
- Mix the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in one bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients: egg, vegetable oil and milk in a separate bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry until you have a uniform batter.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared tin and bake at 180°C for 20 minutes, or till a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then invert onto a cooling rack. Let the cake cool completely.
For the Ganache:
- Boil the cream and milk together.
-Pour this over chopped chocolate chunks. Let sit for a minute and then stir till it's uniform.
-Add the cold butter and stir till completely emulsified.
- Spread the ganache over the cake and refrigerate a few hours before serving!