Whole wheat Mocha Cake
- Large eggs (at room temperature) - 2 no.
- Sunflower/canola/vegetable oil (any neural oil) - 100 ml
- Warm water - 60ml mixed with Instant coffee - 2 tbsp (add more if you want a stronger coffee flavor)
- Vanilla extract - 1 tspn
- Yogurt (at room temperature) - 120 ml
- Whole wheat flour sifted - 200g
- All Things Non Alkalised Cacao Powder - 4 tbsp
- Caster sugar - 150g (2/3 cup)
- Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Whisk the wet and dry ingredients separately.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Gently fold and combine with a spatula - do not over mix. The batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Add to a greased 9inch cake tin. Bake at 180°C for 35-45 min. Check with a toothpick - should come out clean with a few crumbs.